Get Instant Access Now!
- For students and professionals at any stage of their career
- 3+ hours and 30 modules for self-paced video learning
- Supplemental cheat sheets, checklists, and talking points
- Lifetime access!
Receive weekly career strategies from Gorick in your email!
Learn how to build trust, lead meetings, navigate a hybrid environment, get promoted, and more.
Decode what separates those who accelerate their careers from the rest.
Enhance your skills, develop new strategies, and get further, faster!
This was the reality for first-generation college graduate turned bestselling author Gorick Ng. His new course is a step-by-step playbook for navigating what no one ever tells you, but everyone expects you to know. Built for professionals at any stage of the career journey.Join Now!
The Unspoken Rules: The Course is the perfect complement to Gorick's Wall Street Journal bestselling book or as a standalone course.Begin Now!
2. How to Build a Great Professional Reputation
3. How to Overcome Imposter Syndrome
4. How to Tell Your Personal Story
5. How to Write Good Emails
6. How to Prepare for Your First Day
7. How to Meet Your Manager for the First Time (Remotely)
8. How to Meet Your Manager for the First Time (In Person)
9. How to Introduce Yourself to Your Coworkers (Remotely)
10. How to Introduce Yourself to Your Coworkers (In Person)
11. How to Build Professional Relationships and Find Mentors
12. How to Navigate an Organizational Hierarchy
13. How to Navigate a Hybrid Workplace
14. How to Navigate Feedback and One-on-Ones
15. How to Recover from Mistakes
16. How to Stay Organized
17. How to Manage Projects
18. How to Manage Expectations
19. How to Manage Your Time
20. How to Ask Good Questions
21. How to Ask for Help
22. How to Take Ownership & How to Be Proactive
23. How to Say "No"
24. How to Say "I Don't Know"
25. How to Prepare for Meetings
26. How to Speak Up in Meetings
27. How to Communicate Your Ideas Effectively
28. How to Lead Meetings
29. How to Get Promoted
30. Next Steps
“Incredibly smart, nuanced, and evidence-based career advice. If you’re just getting started in your professional journey, you must absolutely read this book.”
“The Unspoken Rules will equip professionals and students alike with skills that are often overlooked in traditional education. Readers will find this to be a very helpful book in the years ahead.”
“With practical tips and colorful vignettes of people from all walks of life, The Unspoken Rules is a blueprint for anyone starting their career, entering a new role, or wanting to get unstuck.”
“The Unspoken Rules in an invaluable resource for new recruits — regardless of background — as they seek to excel. Gorick has written the book I wish someone had given me when I started my career.”
“Gorick has written an outstanding guide on what school doesn’t teach about how to be a top performer at work. Backed by detailed research and filled with relatable stories and practical tactics, The Unspoken Rules will benefit so many people as they begin their careers.”
"We like to think that if our intent is good and we work hard, success will come knocking on our door. If only! In this practical and insightful book, Gorick Ng helps us plot a clear, intentional path toward success."
"Gorick has written a highly readable and essential guide for every early career professional eager to succeed."
"We all have a role to play in shaping an economy that works for the many, not the few. With this important book, Gorick Ng is advancing this work, arming disadvantaged people with critical but unseen skills needed to navigate the modern workplace."
Stand out with realistic career strategies, whether you are starting a new role, feeling stuck, or seeking a new challenge.
Build your reputational capital and enhance your workplace relationships.
Strengthen your meeting skills, whether you are receiving feedback from your manager or leading a presentation.
Make a strong case for why you should get promoted.
Develop your internal and external narratives and learn how to tell your authentic professional story.